Southern California Gas Company proudly presents: "Putting our Waste to Work" ESSAY CONTEST!!!
Think natural gas only comes from reserves of ancient fossils trapped deep underground? Think again. We're actually sitting on a much-overlooked but plentiful source of natural gas here in America — RENEWABLE NATURAL GAS.
Renewable Natural Gas, or biomethane, can be used to power or fuel anything that already runs on natural gas; it can cook your food, power our factories and fuel vehicles that run on natural gas. It can be blended with traditional natural gas and delivered through the same channels. But where does it come from?
In 500 words or less, can you tell us where Renewable Natural Gas comes from, and how we can use this clean-burning fuel to reduce energy costs in the future?
There are five prize categories:
Kindergarten: Can draw a picture with 2-3 sentences about the concept.
First, second, and third place winners will be awarded in each category. All awards are gift cards. First place winners will receive $50, second place $25, and third place will receive $15. ***Kindergarten winners will receive a $10 award for all places instead of the above prizes.
· Essays should be no more than 500 words in length. Each essay must contain the author's name, grade, school and phone number to be considered.
· Deadline for submission is September 30, 2015 at 5:00 PM.
· Winners will be notified by phone and invited to attend an Award Ceremony presentation
on October 20, 2015 at 5:00 PM at the Mojave Desert AQMD located at 14306 Park Ave, Victorville, CA 92392.
· Submissions may be mailed or delivered to:
14306 Park Ave
Victorville, CA 92392
You may also fax your submissions to (760) 241-6271
· All submissions become the property of MEEC and Southern California Gas Company
For further information, please call Samantha Murray, at: (760) 245-1661 ext. 6717